Due-For-A-Comeback Club Sandwich
Source of Recipe
From "Scratch" by Maria Rodale
"The club sandwich is at least 100 years old and, I think, due for a comeback. Much as Southern food has had a resurgence in the past few years, so should the club sandwich. You can make it using the leftover turkey from Thanksgiving, or you can buy organic deli turkey or chicken at the supermarket."
List of Ingredients
◦ 4 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
◦ Mayonnaise, for spreading
◦ 3 ounces cooked turkey or chicken meat
◦ 3 ounces sliced ham
◦ 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked
◦ 1 tomato, sliced
◦ 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
◦ Pickles and potato chips, for serving (optional)
Spread one side of all the bread slices with mayonnaise. Layer two slices with the turkey or chicken followed by the ham, bacon, tomato, and lettuce.
Sandwich with the remaining bread slices and cut the sandwiches in half. Fix the pieces with a toothpick to hold them together.
Serve with pickles and chips, if desired.
Makes 2 sandwiches