Spicy Chicken Soup
Source of Recipe
"Store-bought rotisserie chicken makes it easy to create a meal without having to cook a whole bird."
Recipe Link: https://tinyurl.com/spicychickensoup
List of Ingredients
◦ 1 prepared rotisserie chicken
◦ 1 tablespoon olive oil
◦ 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
◦ ˝ cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
◦ 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
◦ 1 1-inch piece ginger, peeled, chopped
◦ 2 quarts low-sodium chicken broth
◦ ˝ teaspoon cayenne pepper
◦ 2 cups baby spinach
◦ Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
◦ 2 scallions, thinly sliced
◦ Lime wedges (for serving)
Pick meat from chicken, shred, and place in a small bowl (you should have about 4 cups); discard skin and bones.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring often, 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
Add shredded chicken, broth, and cayenne and bring to a boil. Add spinach and divide soup among bowls. Top with scallions and serve lime wedges alongside for squeezing over.
Makes 4 servings