Bourbon Pimiento Cheese
Source of Recipe
From "The Southern Sympathy Cookbook" by Perre Coleman Magness
List of Ingredients
- 4 green onions, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp roughly chopped chives
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp prepared yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- 3 Tbsp bourbon
- 8 ounces sharp orange Cheddar
- 8 ounces sharp white Cheddar
- 8 ounces Havarti
- 1 (7-ounce) jar diced pimentos
- 1 cup mayonnaise (preferably Duke's)
- Drop the green onions and chives in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Pulse a couple of times to chop things up. Add the cream cheese, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and paprika and pulse a couple of times. Add the bourbon and blend until smooth, scraping down the side of the bowl once, until you have a smooth paste. Switch to the grating blade and grate the cheeses.
- Scrape everything into a large bowl, making sure you scrape out all the bourbon-y paste. Stir the mix a couple of times to combine, then add the pimentos and their juice and the mayonnaise. Stir to completely combine everything, making sure the cheeses are not clumped together and the seasoning paste is well distributed.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours to allow the flavors to meld. This will keep covered in the fridge for five days.
Makes about 3 cups