Source of Recipe
"The Southern Sympathy Cookbook" by Perre Coleman Magness
"If the devil has to make an appearance, this is the way to do it. It's a great way to use up a ham, but you can also make it from cooked ham slices bought from the deli."
List of Ingredients
◦ 8 ounces cooked smoked ham, city or country
◦ 3 green onions
◦ 1 tablespoons capers
◦ 1 tablespoon roughly chopped chives
◦ 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
◦ 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
◦ ⅓ cup mayonnaise
◦ 1 tablespoon Creole mustard (such as Zatarain's)
◦ 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
◦ 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
◦ 1 teaspoon hot sauce
Place the ham, green onions, capers, chives, and thyme in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until everything is very finely chopped.
Add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and mustard and pulse a few times to break up.
Add the remaining ingredients and blend until thoroughly combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Don't blend until completely smooth—you want a little bit of rough texture. Serve with crackers or as sandwich filling.
Makes about 2 cups