Fried Corn on the Cob
Source of Recipe
From "Country Cooking From a Redneck Kitchen" by Francine Bryson
List of Ingredients
- 6 ears corn, husked and halved crosswise
- 2 Tbsp bacon drippings or melted butter
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Bring a large of water to a boil. Boil the corn for 10 minutes, then drain and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Insert a heavy bamboo stick into one side of each of the cobs (to use as a handle) or use metal skewers. Brush the corn with the bacon drippings and sprinkle with the sugar, salt, and pepper.
- In a cast-iron pan over medium heat, cook the ears of corn, rolling them as they heat up. The corn will become puffy and golden brown, about 3 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving. These can be made ahead of time, then reheated for a party.