Southern Fried Dill Pickles
Source of Recipe
From "Y'all Come Over" by Patsy Caldwell
List of Ingredients
- 2 large eggs
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup cornmeal
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 (32-ounce) jar dill pickle slices
- Prepared ranch dressing, for dipping
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, ¼ cup flour, buttermilk, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, and ¼ teaspoon salt. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining 2 cups flour, cornmeal, the remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and black pepper.
- Preheat the oil in a deep fryer to 375°F.
- Drain the dill pickle slices and dry slightly with a paper towel. Dip the slices into the buttermilk mixture and then in the cornmeal mixture. Deep-fry until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Serve with ranch dressing.
Makes 12 servings.