Spicy Green Chile Queso
Source of Recipe
From "United Tastes of Texas" by Jessica Dupuy
List of Ingredients
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ (4-ounce) can diced jalapeños, undrained
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 8 ounces processed white American cheese, cubed
- Corn or flour tortillas, tortilla chips
- Sauté onion in hot oil in a medium-size nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Stir in salt, cumin, jalapeño peppers, and green chiles; sauté 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in tomato and cheese; cook, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve with tortillas or chips.
Makes 3 cups