Game Day Muffuletta Dip
Source of Recipe
From "Picnics, Potlucks, and Porch Parties"
"If you've never had a New Orleans muffuletta, it's basically a sandwich piled high with salami, ham or other deli meats, and cheese, topped off with a zesty olive salad on seeded round Italian bread. They are gigantic, delicious, and can be a bit messy. This dip embodies all the flavors of the sandwich in an easy-to-eat and easy-to-transport dip."
List of Ingredients
• 1 cup Italian olive salad, drained
• 1 cup diced salami (about 4 ounces)
• ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
• ¼ cup chopped pepperoncini salad peppers
• One 2¼-ounce can sliced black olives, drained
• 4 ounces provolone cheese, diced
• 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
• ½ red bell pepper, chopped
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
• French bread crostini
Stir together all ingredients except parsley and crostini. Cover and chill one hour, or up to 24 hours, before serving.
Stir in parsley just before serving. Serve with French bread crostini. Store leftovers in refrigerator up to 5 days.
Makes 4 cups