Easy Baked Beans
Source of Recipe
From "Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen" by Trisha Yearwood
List of Ingredients
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 large onion, such as Vidalia, finely chopped
- 4 (15-ounce) cans pork and beans
- ½ cup dark molasses
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tbsp prepared yellow mustard
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
Fry the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan, leaving the drippings, and drain it on paper towels. Crumble and set aside.
- Pour out and discard all but 4 tablespoons of the bacon drippings. Add the onion to the pan and sauté until softened, about 7 minutes. Stir in the beans, molasses, sugar, mustard, and bacon, and mix well.
- Pour the beans into a 3-quart casserole and bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes.