Sautéed Asparagus with Shaved Parmesan
Source of Recipe
From "Mad Hungry: Cravings" by Lucinda Quinn
"A fresh, simple preparation that you'll find in a legit Italian trattoria during asparagus season, or displayed in a gourmet-counter food case any time of year."
List of Ingredients
◦ 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
◦ 2 pounds asparagus, ends trimmed and cut on the bias into 2-inch pieces
◦ 1 teaspoon coarse salt
◦ Rounded ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
◦ 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
◦ Juice of 1 orange
◦ 3 ounces shaved Parmesan cheese to taste
Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add the oil.
When it shimmers, add the asparagus, salt, and pepper and sauté, stirring frequently, until the asparagus is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the orange zest and cook for 1 minute. Add the orange juice and stir a few times.
Transfer to a serving platter and scatter the Parmesan over the top. Serve immediately.