Source of Recipe
Maggie Dea Viken
List of Ingredients
- 4 jalapenos
- 4 yellow peppers (they look like jalapenos but are yellow)
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 14 1/2 oz. can Del Monte Zesty diced tomatoes
- garlic salt
- garlic powder
- Wash and seed peppers.
- Chop green onions into small pieces, all the white and most of the green. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Using a food processor finely chop the green jalapenos and add to chopped onions. Follow by processing the yellow peppers. Mix onion and peppers together and add some garlic powder, garlic salt and pepper.
- Process the canned tomatoes but don't over process them. You want them broken down but not liquid. Stir into the pepper mixture and taste. Add more garlic powder, garlic salt and pepper if needed.
I use the tomatoes with mild green chilies in them but any Mexican style stewed tomatoes would work.
I add a good bit of garlic powder, garlic salt and pepper. Experiment with the amounts. The salsa does develope a stronger taste after it has set a while. I put more of these seasonings because it's never around long enough to set and develope a stronger taste.