Cranberry Bundt Cake
Source of Recipe
Maggie Dea Viken
List of Ingredients
- 3/4 C. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 C. super fine sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure almond extract
- 3 C. unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 C. sour cream
- 16 oz. can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 C. pecans, chopped fine
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time. Stir in extract. Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Spoon a third of the batter into a prepared 10 inch fluted pan. Top with a third of the cranberry sauce. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 65-70 minutes or until it pick tests done. Drizzle with icing after removing from pan and while still warm.
- ICING- mix until smooth; 3/4 C. powdered sugar, 4 1/2 tsp. water and 1/2 tsp. almond extract.