Source of Recipe
This is my favorite way to make beans. They are very rich and tasty. There is no chicken in the recipe so I don't know how it got the name "spotted chicken". It tastes good and I guess that is all that counts.
List of Ingredients
- 29 oz. can Mexican Style Homony, drained and rinsed
- 16 oz. bag pinto beans, cleaned and rinsed
- ham hock or bacon
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- assorted spices- garlic powder, cumin, onion powder....
- seasoning salt
- Put pinto beans, ham hock or bacon, onion, bell pepper and assorted spices in a pot and boil in water on low for many hours. They longer they cook the softer the beans will be, 6 hours minimum. When beans are done but not too soft add homony and cook an additional 45 minutes. Add seasoning salt if needed.