Lemon Shake Up
No trip to the Indiana State Fair is complete without a Lemon Shake Up and a Corn Dog. The booths are always buzzing with honeybees attracted by all of the sweet syrup used.
List of Ingredients
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, reserve rinds
- Combine sugar and water.
- Boil for 5 minutes
- Cool to room temperature, then add lemon juice.
- Strain and keep refrigerated.
- To make: Add approximately 2 tablespoons of syrup to each glass of ice water.
- Add the rind of one/half lemon that you squeezed to get the juice.
- Cover glass and shake to blend.
Check out my recipe for Corn Dogs!