Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding
Source of Recipe
Paula Deen at Foodtv.com
This is the yummiest 'Nana Pudding I have EVER tasted. No icky Vanilla Wafers! You will love this, I promise. You probably won't use all of the cookies in both bags, but go ahead and buy two - you want all unbroken cookies on the top.
List of Ingredients
- 2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen Cookies
- 6-8 bananas, sliced and tossed w/ lemon juice
- 2 c. milk
- 1 (5 oz.) box instant French vanilla pudding
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 oz.) container Cool Whip, thawed or equal amount sweetened whipped cream
- Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 inch dish with (about) one bag of cookies (use the broken ones from both bags). Layer bananas on top.
- In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld mixer or whisk for about two minutes. In another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This SHOULD serve 12, but people tend to overserve themselves with this pudding.