Crab, Cntry Ham & Limas w/ Jalap. Cream
Source of Recipe
Outer Banks Recipes from the Blue Point Bar & Grill
I have had great success with this recipe. It is easy to prepare and very impressive. You must get the very best lump crabmeat! The cookbook notes that this should be cooked in two non-stick 10” sauté pans simultaneously on two separate burners. You may make the Blue Point Corn Bread or your favorite.
List of Ingredients
- 4 slices Blue Point cornbread (see recipe)
- about 1 lb. jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1 c. lima beans
- 1 c. Country ham, sliced thick and julienned
- 3 T. butter
- pepper, to taste
- 1 T. chives
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 4 oz. Roasted Jalapeno Cream (see recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Toast the corn bread in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, over medium high heat, sauté the crabmeat, lima beans and country ham in butter. Saute mixture until hot, approximately 2 – 3 minutes. Season with pepper, as needed.
- To plate: place the warm, toasted corn bread in the center of each dinner plate. Top with sautéed crab, lima beans and country ham. Carefully, compact the mixture together on top of the toast.. (This helps the meat retain its heat.) Sauce the plate with the jalapeno cream. Garnish with chives and fresh squeezed lemon.