Noble Sugar Cookies
Source of Recipe
The Imperial Magarine Recipe Collection
List of Ingredients
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of maragine softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cofectioner's sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar (for coating)
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat magarine, sugar and confectioner's sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until well blended. Gradually, add the dry indgredients, beating until well blended.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, serveral hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pinch off about 1 tablespoon of dough and roll to form 1-inch balls. Roll dough in remaining sugar to couat thorughly.
- Place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Flatten with the bottom of a glass. Bake about 8 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.
- Makes about 30 cookies
I enjoy making cookies throughout the year. However, the holiday seasons is the time that my family and I really get into. This has become a family tradition, maybe it will become a part of your family tradition. I have found that baking is a fun way for family to bond and spend quality time together.
RECIPE CONTINUESPREV SECTION | NEXT SECTION