Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 Box Rice a Roni Beef flavor (any will do)
- 1 10 oz can Ro-Tel diced tomatoes
- 1-2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 3/4 Cup water
- 1 Tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 4 oz. can mushroom stems & pieces (optional)
- 2-3 handfulls shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef in large frying pan along with mushrooms, garlic, onion and seasoned salt. Drain
- Return to heat. Add water, Ro-Tel tomatoes, butter, season packet from Rice a Roni & stir.
- Stir in rice, bring to boil, turn heat to simmer, put lid on pan so it slightly vents for 20 minutes. Stirring 2-3 times.
- After water is absorbed into rice, cover mixture with cheddar cheese, turn burner off, cover with lid and allow cheese to melt.
- Ready when cheese is melted.
- DO NOT FORGET THE BUTTER!