Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
3 T Butter or margarine
1/2 c Celery, chopped, with leaves
2 c Milk
2 t Salt
1/2 t Marjoram, dried leaf
4 ea Idaho potatoes
1/2 c Onion, chopped
2 T Flour
1 T Lemon juice
1/4 t Pepper
2 1/2 c Chicken, cooked, cut up
1. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.
2. Add onion and celery with leaves; cook until tender.
3. Blend in flour; stir in milk.
4. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens and comes to a boil.
5. Stir in lemon juice, 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, pepper, marjoram and chicken; remove from heat.
6. Pare potatoes; cut in very thin slices.
7. Place sliced potatoes in a greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish; sprinkle with remaining salt.
8. Pour chicken sauce over potatoes; cover and bake in preheated 425'F. oven 1 hour, or until potatoes are tender.