Balsamic Roasted Onion w/ Herbed Cheese
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
Balsamic Roasted Onion with Herbed Cheese
6 large onions (Preferably Wala Wala) left whole, skin
and peel removed
1/4 cup olive oil 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3 garlic cloves
3 cups diced french bread 1/8 inch thick
1 cup vegetable stock
1/4 cup roasted bell diced
1/4 cup diced sundried tomatoes
1/4 cup diced celery
1/2 cup gouda grated
1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
1/2 cup goat cheese soft
2 tablespoons tarragon chopped
2 tablespoons chopped chives salt and pepper to
1. Pre-heat oven to 350.
2. Slice off top of onion and part of bottom so onion
3. Roast onions on wire rack in roasting pan for 1-1/2
hours. Brush with balsamic vinegar and olive oil
every fifteen minutes.
4. After Onion cools, remove center from onion and
1. Sautee diced onions, garlic, sundried tomatoes in
1 tablespoon of olive oil for two minutes.
2. Place in large mixing bowl add diced bread
crumbs and remaining ingredients. Blend well, and
salt and pepper to taste. Divide equally into six parts.
Fill Onion until heaping.
3. Bake 20 minutes and serve warm.