Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
6 ounces semisweet baking chocolate -- chopped
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 cup whipping (heavy) cream
1 cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips
1 cup white baking chips
1 tablespoon shortening
Finely chopped nuts -- if desired
Coarse sugar crystals (decorating sugar) -- if desired
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon milk -- if desired
Melt baking chocolate in heavy 2-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Stir in butter. Stir in whipping cream. Refrigerate 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently, just until thick enough to hold a ball shape.
Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Drop refrigerated mixture by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Shape into balls. (If mixture is too sticky, refrigerate until firm enough to shape.) Freeze 30 minutes.
Heat chocolate chips and shortening over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth; remove from heat.
Dip 1 truffle at a time into melted chocolate, using fork, until coated. Place on foil-covered cookie sheet. Immediately sprinkle some of the truffles with nuts or sugar crystals. Or mix powdered sugar and milk; drizzle over some of the truffles. Refrigerate truffles about 10 minutes or until chocolate is set. Serve at room temperature. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Please note, if you should change this recipe it will no longer be an approved Betty Crocker® Recipe.
You may notice that the nutritional information calculated by MasterCook is different from the nutritional information listed in the Betty Crocker® cookbooks. Because MasterCook and Betty Crocker® use different nutritional analysis programs and different nutrient databases, variations in results are expected.
"For more great ideas visit my Web site at: www.bettycrocker.com"
"© General Mills, Inc. 1998."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 29 Calories; 2g Fat (72.6% calories from fat); trace Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 4mg Cholesterol; 12mg Sodium; 2g Total Sugars; trace Vitamin D; 1mg Calcium; trace Iron; 1mg Potassium; 1mg Phosphorus. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch).
NOTES : Freeze Time: 30 minutes
• Personalize truffles with flavored liqueurs. Stir 2 tablespoons brandy or almond, apricot, cherry or coffee liqueur into whipping cream.
• We've all been there—afraid to pick up that piece of candy because we're not sure what's in it. To avoid that situation, just identify candy flavors, using melted chocolate, with initials on top of candies.
GIFTS FOR GIVING
• To make an attractive serving tray or to present as gifts, pack truffles in mini paper baking cups.
• Wrap truffles in festive gold or silver cellophane and tie with metallic ribbons to make unforgettable gifts.
Nutr. Assoc. : 1353 0 720 904886 0 2130706543 0 2130706543 2130706543 0 0 0