Source of Recipe
Taste of the South
List of Ingredients
- 1 med. head cabbage, cut into 3/4 inch wedges
- 1 c. chopped ham or crumbled bacon
- 1/3 c. butter
- 1/3 c. flour
- 2 c. milk
- 1 t. salt
- 1/8 t. pepper
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole or a 12x8x2 inch baking dish; set aside.
- Cook cabbage in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and place in prepared dish. Sprinkle ham or bacon over top.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour, stirring until smooth and bubbly. Slowly add milk, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened and smooth. Add salt and pepper. Pour sauce over cabbage. Sprinkle cheese over top. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.