Jello's Stripe-It-Rich Cake
Source of Recipe
"This is a different way to frost a cake that isn't as sweet or rich as butter frosting but is so good."
List of Ingredients
1 package (2-layer size)cake mix or pudding included
2 packages (4-serving size) JELL-O Brand Instant Pudding
and Pie Filling, any complementary flavor with the cake
1 cup confectioners sugar... powdered sugar
4 cups COLD milk
1. Prepare cake mix as directed on the package, baking
in a 13x9-inch pan
2. Remove from oven. Poke holes at once down through
the cake to the pan with the round handle of a wooden
spoon. Holes should be at 1-inch intervals
3. ONLY AFTER POKING HOLES. Combine pudding mix with
sugar in large bowl. GRADUALLY stir in milk. Then beat
at low speed of electric mixer for not more than 1
minute (do not overbeat)
4. QUICKLY, before pudding thickens, pour about
one-half of the THIN pudding evenly over warm cake and
into the holes to make the stripes.
5. Allow remaining pudding to thicken slightly; then
spoon over the top, swirling it to "frost" the cake.
Chill at least 1 hour. Store cake in refrigerator.