Honey-Mustard Chicken Sandwiches
List of Ingredients
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 boned and skinned chicken breast halves
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 1 avocado, pitted, cut into slices
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- Swiss or Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- Heat grill. In small saucepan, combine honey, onion, tarragon and mustard; blend well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- When ready to grill, place chicken on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4-6" from medium coals. Cook 15-18 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear, turning once and brushing occasionally with mustard mixture.
- Layer lettuce, chicken, tomatoe and avocado slices in each roll.
- Serves 4
Notes: To broil, place food on broiler pan and broil 4-6" from heat using times as above as a guide.