Chicken Caesar Salad Sandwiches With Chipotle Caesar Dressing
List of Ingredients
- Chipotle Caesar Dressing:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise, regular or low-fat
- 2 tablespoons flavorful olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2-3 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1-2 teaspoons pureed chipotle en adobo
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 12 small inner leaves of romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- 4 long crusty Italian rolls, split
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- For the Chipotle Caesar Dressing: Make the dressing byplacing the mayonnaise, olive oil, garlic, mustard, anchovy, chipotle,lemon juice, vinegar and Parmesan cheese into the bowl of a food processor.Puree until well blended. Set aside and prepare the chicken.
- For thesandwiches: Place the chicken between two sheets of wax paper and poundjust to flatten. Place in a bowl and drizzle lemon juice, olive oil, saltand pepper over the chicken. Turn to coat.
- Cook the chicken by grilling it over medium heat of a gas grill, broilingit, or sauteing it on a ridged nonstick grill pan. Cook 5 minutes per side.Preheat the oven or a toaster oven to 350 degrees.
- Open up the rolls and sprinkle about 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan overone split half of each roll. Place the rolls in the preheated oven justlong enough to barely melt the cheese and warm the rolls.
- Serves 4.
- PER SERVING: 473 calories, 24 g protein, 24 g carbohydrate, 31 g fat (6 gsaturated), 57 mg cholesterol, 705 mg sodium, 1 g fiber.