Beetroot salad FTW
Source of Recipe
made it up
I had this for breakfast. I was going to post it as a breakfast food but I figured not everyone would agree.
List of Ingredients
- 1 medium beetroot, grated or shredded
- 2 spring onion, finely shopped
- 2 tbs olive oil (or use tahini)
- 1 tbs dijon mustard (less if you want)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbs fresh lime juice (or use a nice vinegar)
- 1 cup raw veg (I vary which veg, see below)
- A fair amount of sunflower seeds or pepitas (or a mix). More than that...you want to taste them
- 1/2 avocado (optional) or have it with leftover baked cauliflower or whatever
- 2 radishes (or a piece of Chinese radish) shredded or sliced
- Combine all ingredients.
- Take a moment to realise how lucky you are to have this amazing salad.
- Eat it (share it with someone you like or put away leftovers for next time)
Veg you can use are- torn lettuce leaves, baby spinach, finely shredded cabbage or brussels sprouts, cucumber, beansprouts, edamame beans, carrot, apple, or some other thing.