Sticky pumpkin and cranberry salad
Source of Recipe
super fod ideas magazine
prep 15 minutes
cook 20 minutes
I've adjusted it to be what I can eat
List of Ingredients
- 1/4 cup vegan white miso paste
- 3 tsp gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tbs mirin
- 1 1/2 tbs caster sugar
- 2cm fresh ginger peeled, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 800g kent pumpkin (or similar), cut into 6 wedges, skin on
- 2 tbs pepitas
- cooking spray or canola oil for brushing on (sprays are crap for environment)
- 1 avocado sliced
- 120g baby rocket
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, sliced diagonally
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (or use fresh raspberries if you are rich)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tsp gluten free soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp rice bran oil (can use olive or macadamia)
- Preheat oven to 220C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine miso, 3 tsp soy sauce, mirin 1 1/2 tbs sugar, ginger and garlic in small bowl. Cut each pumpkin wedge in half. Place pumpkin in a single layer on prepared baking tray and brush with 1/2 the miso mixture.
- Roast for 10 mins. Brush with remaining mixture and sprinkle with pepitas. Brush with oil. Roast a further 10 minutes or until sticky and tender.
- Make lime and soy dressing- mix last five ingredients in a small bow until sugar dissolves.
- Add avocado to dressing. Toss to coat.
- Arrange rocket, cucumber and pumpkin on a platter. Top with avocado and drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with cranberries. Serve
If you want to have this for work lunch, pack the salad and dressing separately (might need to cut the avocado when serving too. You may want to add 50g teriyaki toful or 95g cooked chickpeas and a tbs shredded nori to make it more filling.