Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 2 lb. chicken parts
- 1/4c. seasoned flour
- shortening or salad oil
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut in strips
- 1/2c. sliced onion
- 1/8 to 1/4t. thyme, crushed
- 1 (10 1/2oz) condensed tomato soup
- 1/4c. water
- 1t. vinegar
- Dust chicken with seasoned flour. Brown in skillet in hot shortening.
- Cover; cook over low heat 45 mins. Uncover last 10 mins to crisp.
- Remove chicken to heated platter; keep warm. Pour off all but 2T. fat.
- Add green pepper, onion, and thyme; cook until green pepper is tender.
- Add remaining ingredients. Heat; stir now and then. Serve over chicken.
- Servings: 4 to 6