Bone Cookies - Ossi Di Morte
Source of Recipe
Treasured Italian Recipes Book I
List of Ingredients
- 4 eggs
- 1 box confectioners sugar (2 cups)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups of flour
- Beat eggs.
- Add dry ingredients and vanilla, mix well.
- Add flour. Add as much as needed to roll dough out into a rope shape (about the width of a nickel)
- Slice rope into 1" or 2" pieces (depending on size you would like).
- Leave on table to dry at least 24 hours - uncovered.
- Bake at 350" for 10-12 minutes.
Drying out the dough helps to make the cookies get "crunchy" when baked.
RECIPE CONTINUESPREV SECTION | NEXT SECTION