Source of Recipe
A magazine a long time ago
List of Ingredients
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1/2 cup, chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup, chopped onion
- 1- 540ml can tomatoes
- 1- 156 ml can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 bay leaf, optional or removed after sauce is cooked
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 cups cooked, drained penne rigate or macaroni
- 1 - 250 gram pkg of Velveeta cheese (12 slices)
- grated parmasen cheese
- Brown meat and drain.
- Add green pepper and onion, cook until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, paste,water and seasonings.
- Layer half f pasta, meat sauce and 6 slices of cheese into 2L oblong pan. (11" x 7")
- Repeat layers of pasta and sauce - not cheese.
- Bake at 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese slices and sprinkle with parmasen cheese.
- Bake until cheese melts.
Garlic bread and a salad on the table and ENJOY YOUR FAMILY AND YOUR MEAL.