Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 light pound ground beef/turkey
- 1/2 sm onion &/or bell pepper, diced(optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed(optional)
- 2 small/ 1 large can vegetable soup (i like the alphabet kind)
- Salt/Pepper/Hot Sauce/Seasonings of your choice
- These amounts will feed 2-3 hungry people. Adjust as necessary
- These measurements are easily adapted to your needs. If you want a heartier stew, use more beef. Want it thinner? Add water. Feel free to play with the spices. As my grandma would say, "taste it until it's good".
- First, get your soup pan good & hot and add the meat. Brown well. Toss in veggies part way thru browning, if you're into that kind of thing.
- Drain the grease off.. Put the meat back in pan and add the Soup. Heat on Medium to a simmer while seasoning it up until it makes your tongue happy.
- Try to share with the hungry people around you. . Warning-this is the hard part:)
This is delicious with crusty garlic & cheese bread, but its also great just with oyster crackers. Or check out my recipe for Sunshine Bread.
RECIPE CONTINUESPREV SECTION | NEXT SECTION