Sweet and Sour Chicken
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- Chicken Breading
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 lbs. chicken
- Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbl. sp. cornstarch
- 4 tbl. sp catsup
- 1-16 oz pineapple tidbits
- 1 /2 cup vinegar
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Pour oil into a deep frying pan to a depth of 1-5 inches.
- Heat to 375 or until one inch bread cube browns in one minute.
- While oil heats up make the Sweet and Sour Sauce.
- In a 2 quart sauce pan mix sugar and cornstarch.
- Drain pinapples jucie into a measuring cup. Then add enough water to make it 2 cups
- Add vinegar,catsup and then cook over low-med heat. Stirring constantly until thickens and boils.
- Stir in pineapples keep warm over very low heat.
- After sauce is made and oil is heating. Mix the indgredients together for breading.
- Dip chicken into mixture then into the oil.
- Chicken will brown within one minute turn and then brown other side.
- Drain and serve over rice or with vegetables.