Source of Recipe
Jallop is a southern dish. It is something like chicken hash and is served over hamburger buns. Usually with a salad.
List of Ingredients
- 2 chickens or 10-12 chicken breasts
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 garlic button or garlic salt
- 1 large can Pet Milk
- 1 can cream of mushroom or chicken soup
- 1 cup flour/browned
- 1/2 stick oleo
- Saltine Crackers-1-2 stackes crushed
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Hamburger buns
- Cook chicken, celery, onions, and garlic until chicken is tender.
- Bone chicken. Simmer in broth with salt and pepper.
- Stir flour that has been browned in oven and add slowly to chicken and broth. Stir continually until broth thickens.
- Add butter, cream of chicken or mushroom soup, and milk making mixture thin.
- Add crushed soda crackers to desired consistency.
- Season with a dash of Worchestshire, 57 Sauce, and Louisianna red hot sauce.
- Serve on hamburger buns or white loaf bread.
If doubled, just add more chicken, 1 more can cream soup, 1/2 cup more flour.