Callaloo Seasoned Rice
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
4 cups chopped callaloo
4 cups coconut milk or coconut
1 packet Cock Soup Mix
1 sprig thyme
1 small scotch bonnet pepper
1 tbsp. soft margarine
1 clove garlic
1 stalk escallion
1 packet salami or Bologna
1 kg. (2 1/4 lbs.) rice
1. Strip, wash and finely cut up callaloo.
2. Put callaloo to boil in coconut milk or cream.
3. Add cock soup mix, thyme and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, melt soft margarine in skillet and saute garlic and escallion, add salami or bologna and fry lightly.
5. Remove Grace Salami or Grace Bologna from skillet and add to the callaloo liquid.
6. Add rice to the callaloo mixture.
7. Cook over low flame until all the liquid has been absorbed and rice is cooked.