Source of Recipe
South Beach Diet Phase 1
List of Ingredients
- 1 Tbsp + 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil,divided
- 2 garlic cloves,thinly sliced
- 1(14 oz.)can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp powdered saffron
- 1 1/2 lbs. monkfish or halibut fillets
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 425F.
- Heat 2 tsp of the oil in a small saucepan over med. heat. Add garlic,reduce heat to med-low,and cook 2 min. Add tomatoes with juice,saffron,and a pinch of salt and pepper. Simmer 20 min.
- While sauce is cooking,brush fish with remaining oil and season well with salt and pepper. Bake until just opaque in the center,12-15 min.
- Add parsley to sauce,season to taste with salt and pepper,and remove from heat. Spoon over fish and serve.
- 4 servings