Source of Recipe
South Beach Diet Phase 2
List of Ingredients
- 4(8-in.)whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 Tbsp + 2 tsp fresh lime juice,divided
- 1 Tbsp + 1 1/2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil,divided
- 1 garlic clove,minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 lbs. pork cutlets,about 1/2 in. thick
- 1 large red bell pepper,cut into thin strips 1 small onion,thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven or toaster oven to 200F. Roll tortillas in foil and place in oven to warm.
- Whisk together 1 Tbsp of the lime juice,1 Tbsp of the oil,garlic,and chili poweder in a large mixing bowl. Add pork and stir to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate at room temp. for 15 min.
- While pork is marinating,heat remaining oil in a med. nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Add bell pepper and onion. cook,stirring occasionally,until begetables are softened and lightly browned,10-12 min. Add remaining lime juice,stir,and remove from heat;season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Wipe pan dry with paper towels.
- Season pork on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat the same skillet over high heat. Cook pork until no longer pink in the center,about 4 min. per side. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 2 min.
- Slice pork into thin strips,place on a platter with peppers and onions,and serve with warmed tortillas.
- Makes 4 servings