Sand Art Brownies (in a jar)
This is a great recipe for gift giving. Great for Teachers, secretaries, co-workers, babysitters... just about everyone loves brownies. Not to mention, they are cute in a country style kitchen.
List of Ingredients
- 5/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vanilla baking chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Mix the 5/8 cup of flour with salt. In a clean wide mouth quart or liter sized jar layer the ingredients in the order given. Starting with the flour and salt mixture and ending with the walnuts.
- Attach a decorative tag to the out side of the jar with the following directions.
Sand Art Brownies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x9 inch square baking pan.
2. Pour the contents of the jar into a large bowl and mix well.
3. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla, 2/3 cup vegetable oil and 3 eggs. Beat until just combined.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes. Enjoy!
After assembling the jar(s) I cut a circle of appropriatly patterned fabric to cover the lid of the jar, and I tie it with a piece of raffia, and attach the tag.
An additional idea for gift giving, you could give the jar, lying down in a square cake pan, with a wire wisk, or wooden spoon, a mixing bowl, some dish towels, anything you can think of. Be creative and ENJOY!