Petti di Pollo alla Bolognese
Source of Recipe
Also known as Boneless Chicken Breasts with Prosciutto & Cheese
List of Ingredients
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- coarse salt & freshly ground pepper
- 2 T butter
- 2 T olive oil
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- 4 thin slices Fontina or Gruyere cheese
- 2 T freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 T chicken stock or broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound chicken breasts thin; season with salt and pepper. Dip in flour and shake off excess.
- In heavy skillet melt butter with oil over moderate heat. Brown breasts for 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer breasts to a shallow greased baking sheet. Place a slice of prosciutto and then slice of cheese on each breast. Sprinkle with Parmesan and drizzle chicken stock over all.
- Bake uncovered for about 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.