Working in the restaurant and hospitality industry we eat a lot of food and come across a lot of different recipes that we love. So here is our house favorite by Chef Jason at our office Point of Sale USA. Enjoy!
Homemade Pizza Pie on the Grill, we call it the Pizzasmeraz!
There is a lot of debate in our office over thin or thick crust, we'll we go medium crust on this, not too thick, not too thin.
Cooking pizza on the grill the trick is to bake the crust a little first (for about 10mins), then add the sauce and the toppings, then add it to the grill. And don't put too many toppings on it so it cooks evenly, so not to burn.
1) Preheat grill to 400F
2) Use homemade wheat pizza dough
3) Bake dough for about 10 minutes prior to adding toppings to firm crust
4) Add tomato sauce, we use a thin coat of sweet sauce
5) Add sausage, hamburger, pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, green chili (or sub jalapeno), mozzarella, garlic slices, and sun dried tomatoes.
6) Cook on grill for about 20 mins until crust is crispy and bubbling in the middle.
7) We home you enjoy our soon to be famous office pie!