Fried Bee Hoon
This is my favourite dish. I've learned it from my mum when I was twelve. Its best to go with Sambal Belacan.
List of Ingredients
- Bee Hoon (Description of Logo of Brand: Two Red Chilli)
- 7-10 Japanese dried mushroom
- 20 - 30 Fresh grey prawns
- Cabbage (Beijing) the greener type
- 3 Pcs Fish cake (optional)
- Garlic chopped
- Fish gravy (Product of Thai Brand preferred)
- Oyster Sauce strictly use this brand (Lee Kum Kee)
- Four table spoon of oil
- Soak one packet of Bee hoon in container with tap water for 25 minutes.
- Soak about 10 dried mushroom for about an hour until it soften.
- Wash & drain thoroghly cabbage
- deshell the prawns
- Fry the garlics in low heat till it fragants for about 5 minutes. But not black in colour.
- Follow by the mushrooms. Stir fry constantly for about 7 minutes
- Then add cabbage and fry.
- Add oyster sauce sparingly and evenly.
- Add bee hoon and stir fry for another ten minutes.
- Add fish gravy sparingly
- Follow by salt & pepper
- Add about half a bowl of hot water. Remember too much water will be too soggy.
- Add prawns and stir fry together with the rest for another ten-fifteen minutes
- Follow by fish cake and stir fry for about 2-3 minutes
- Taste and if you prefer it to be saltier, then add fish gravy or a little of oyster sauce
Serving : 2 TO 4 PERSON