Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 9" baked pie shell
- 5 C. fresh sliced strawberries (save some whole to decorate top)
- 1/4 C. sugar
- 1 C. water
- 3 T. cornstarch
- 1/8 t. salt
- 2 T. corn syrup
- 1 (3 oz) dry strawberry Jello
- 1 t. vanilla
- Arrange strawberries in baked pie shell. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, water, cornstarch, salt and corn syrup in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Remove from burner.
- Add dry Jello and vanilla. Stir until well blended.
- Pour hot gelatin mixture over berries and put in refrigerator to chill.
- Garnish with dollop of sweetened whipped cream and extra whole strawberries.