Blue Moon Wedding Cake, Chocolate
Source of Recipe
Nomad and Em were Hand-fasted on October 31st of 2000. Which just happened to be a Blue Moon how lucky. Well they got married on the Blue Moon which just happened to be Samhain. Now that was lucky.
List of Ingredients
- 1 3/4 C. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 3/4 C. unsweeteded cocoa powder
- 1 C. sugar
- 1 C. brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 C. butter, softeded
- 1 T. vanilla
- 2 lrg. eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 C. sour cream
- 1/2 C. buttermilk
- 1/2 C. black coffee, room temp
- 1/2 C. Blue Moon Beer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and prepare and line pans.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder and set aside.
- In a mixer cream together butter and sugars until fluffy, add eggs. When fully mixed fold in vanilla and sour cream.
- Mix together coffee and buttermilk. Add dry mixture and coffee mixture to the butter mixture alternately. Fold in Beer. Pour into prepared pans and bake for about 25 minutes. Watch it carefully as you don't want to over bake it.
- Cool for a bit in pans and when you are able to comfortably handle the pans remove the cakes and cool completely. Frost and enjoy.