German Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
Source of Recipe
From "Southern Living: Recipe Revival"
List of Ingredients
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup cold butter, cubed
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1½ cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 cups toasted pecan halves and pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Line the bottom and sides of a 13 x 9-inch pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil, allowing 2 to 3 inches to extend over the sides. Lightly grease the foil.
- Pulse the flour and next three ingredients in a food processor 5 or 6 times or until the mixture is crumbly. Press the mixture on the bottom and ¾ inch up the sides of the prepared pan.
- Bake the crust at 350° for 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven, and sprinkle the chocolate morsels over the crust. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 30 minutes).
- Whisk together the brown sugar and next three ingredients until smooth. Stir in the coconut and toasted pecans, and spoon into the prepared crust. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and set. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour). Chill one hour.
Lift from the pan, using foil sides as handles. Transfer to a cutting board; cut into bars.
Makes 2 dozen