Source of Recipe
"The Southerner's Cookbook: Recipes, Wisdom, and Stories"
List of Ingredients
- 2 cups roasted, lightly salted peanuts (skins removed)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons honey, cane syrup, or sorghum syrup
- Kosher salt
- Put the peanuts in a food processor or high-powered blender and process or blend for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula, then process for 2 minutes more, slowly pouring in the oil and honey.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then process for 3 minutes more, or until the mixture is smooth. Taste, adding salt (start with ¼ teaspoon) if desired, then process for 1 to 2 minutes more to reach the desired consistency.
- Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to two weeks.
Makes 1 ½ cups