Piña Colada Icebox Pie
Source of Recipe
From "Southern Living: Recipe Revival"
List of Ingredients
- 2 cups pecan shortbread cookie crumbs (about 16 cookies)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups cream of coconut
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Garnishes: lightly toasted shaved coconut, pineapple wedges, fresh pineapple mint sprigs
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate. Stir together first three ingredients; firmly press on the bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack; cool completely (30 minutes).
- Stir together the sugar and cornstarch in a small heavy saucepan; stir in the pineapple. While stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium-high; cook (keep stirring) 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from heat; cool completely (about 20 minutes).
- Beat the cream cheese at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer, using whisk attachment, until smooth. Gradually add 1 cup of the cream of coconut, beating at low speed just until blended. (Chill the remaining ½ cup cream of coconut until ready to use.) Add the eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Spread the cooled pineapple mixture over the bottom of the piecrust; spoon the cream cheese mixture over pineapple mixture.
- Bake at 350° F for 38 to 42 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour). Cover and chill 4 hours.
Beat the whipping cream at high speed until foamy. Gradually add the remaining ½ cup cream of coconut, beating until soft peaks form; spread over the pie.