Source of Recipe
From "The Old Farmer's Almanac Readers' Best Recipes"
List of Ingredients
- 12 cups popped popcorn (½ cup unpopped kernels)
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup toffee bits
- Remove and discard any unpopped kernels from popcorn.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar, honey, and salt, stirring constantly. Bring to a simmer, whisk in vanilla, and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes. The longer it cooks, the crunchier the coating will be.
- Put popcorn into a bowl. Pour sauce over popcorn. Gently toss until popcorn is evenly coated. Sprinkle with toffee bits and stir until evenly incorporated. Store in an airtight container.
Makes 12 cups