Burgers With Chipotle Mayo and Grilled Onions
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
Burgers With Chipotle Mayo and Grilled Onion
* 1 1/4 pounds ground chuck (85 percent lean or less)
* kosher salt and black pepper
* canola oil, for the grill
* 1 medium red onion, cut into four 1/2-inch-thick slices
* 1/2 cup mayonnaise
* 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped chipotles in adobo sauce
* 2 teaspoons lime juice
* 8 thick slices white bread
* 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1. Heat grill to medium-high. Form the beef into four ¾-inch-thick patties. Use your fingers to make a shallow well in the top of each patty. (This will prevent overplumping during cooking.) Season with a total of ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
2. Oil the grill and cook the patties with the wells facing up for 4 to 5 minutes. Flip and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 155° F for medium, 4 to 5 minutes more. Grill the red onion until tender, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
3. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chipotles, and lime juice. Dividing evenly, spread the bread with the mayonnaise mixture. Form sandwiches with the bread, burgers, onions, and cilantro.