Graham Rye Bread
Source of Recipe
Grandma's Recipe Cards
Preheat oven to 375 and grease 2 loaf pans
List of Ingredients
- 1 pkg yeast
- 3 cups lukewarm water
- 6 1/2 - 7 cups white flour
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups graham rye flour (1 cup graham flour and 1 cup rye flour)
- Soften yeast in one cup of water. Let stand 5 minutes
- Add 1 1/2 cups four to make a soft dough. Beat well
- Cover and let rise 45 minutes.
- Add 2 more cups of warm water, the molassess, butter, salt and graham rye flour and beat until smooth. Add enough white flour to handle easily
- Knead, place in greased bowl and cover with clean dishcloth. Let dough double in bulk 1 1/2 hours.
- Shape in to two loaves and place in greased loaf pans. Cover with clean dish towel and let rise again one hour.
- Bake at 375 50 minutes.